Saturday, March 12, 2011

Opps..my bad

The other day I was walking in the house and I heard this loud popping noise from my ankle. I didn't think anything of it because my bones pop a lot, something about my muscles moving my bones out of place or something like that the doctor says. Anyway, I was going to see my PT a few days after and I would just mention it to her and see what she thought. Well the next day after the popping noise occurred, my leg and foot started to hurt(I mean more than the normal pain). So when I went to see my PT she looked at it and told me that she was glad and a little freaked out all at the same time. I was confused by this but then she went on to explain and then I understood. She told me that I had torn ligaments in my foot! This is pretty bad because CP has affect this leg and foot so bad already that she is not sure how easily it will heal itself. The good thing is nothing is broke. She made me get a brace that I am not allowed to take off at all until I get my AFO's. She says that if I don't wear the brace there is an extremely high risk of creating a break just by walking :(

So to say its been a little bit of a busy week is an understatment.

In happy news, I am getting signed up to go back to college and get my business management degree :) Big dreams ahead for that!

6 comments:

  1. Ouch, you poor thing! Be careful with yourself... I hope you heal quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear about your foot. I hope it heals quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoa! Take care, Angela. Hope you heal quickly. So excited for what your future holds. Stick with it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry to hear about the torn ligaments. I will say some prayers for speedy healing! I guess it's a wake up call to all of us to not ignore all the little signs our body gives us that we should see a dr. more than we
    want :-)

    And, YEA! on getting back into the groove on college. Business management...hmm....I could see you rocking the business world one day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope your ankle heals quickly! So sorry!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OW!!! Glad you had an appointment the next day-and not a week later! Wear that brace!!! Fabulous on school..Big dreams? Only ones to have! :)

    ReplyDelete